Re: Naming multiple alsa sound cards (was Re: synthetic sound generator with api)

If no one knows, does anyone know where I can find documentation of
how to control this for Debian?
I'd like my ALSA to be in order so I can recompile my kernel, and I
can't find any clear explanation of it.  Everyone says the order the
modules are loaded is random, but you can control it; how do I do
this, if only one module is a soundcard, the other two are MIDI

On 8/9/06, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not to state the obvious here, but have you tried alsaconf?
> My /etc/modprobe.d/sound was created by running that utility.

Thanks for the tip.  It did indeed finally create that file for me.
Oddly, at first the 2 MIDI devices disappeared after doing this.  And
now, after rebooting twice, ONLY the MIDI devices show up; my
/etc/modprobe.d/sound now reads:

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
options snd-emu10k1 index=0

But the actual sound card is no longer being detected.  Definitely
doesn't seem like expected behavior to me.
Any ideas???

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt