Re: Clamav scans or removes virus ??

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 04:28:16PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Alejandro wrote:
> >
> >I have a Debian Sarge mail server with clamav antivirus, but I suspect
> >it only scan for virus and don't remove them.
> >
> >Can you tell me if Clamav is just a virus scanner or if it can also
> >remove virus that come through mail messages ???
> >
> >So what is the common use of Clamav in mail servers ???
>
> It really depends on your setup.
> If it's a mailserver, than probably you have to look at amavis
> configuration, not clamav.

amavisd-new
apt-cache show amavisd-new
 AMaViSd-new is a script that interfaces a mail transport agent (MTA)
with zero or more virus scanners, and spamassassin (optional).
 AMaViSd-new supports all MTAs through its generic SMTP filter mode
(ideal for postfix and exim).  It is faster and safer to use the SMTP filter
mode than using the AMaViS pipe client.
 When in doubt about which amavis-* package to use, try this one.

--
Regards, Paul Csányi
http://csanyipal.info/moodle  <<<---  Moodle - Course Management System