Re: (Solved) Re: why sarge can't power off PC

On 08.08.06 06:21, Serena Cantor wrote:
> You are right. My PC is old, I try apm, it works!

I have an old PC (Dell Optiplex GX1 - P3/500). I forcibly loaded ACPI module
and it works. I can turn off the machine, even using power button.

This probably won't work on all PC's, but if you don't mind to test is, just
try it...

Did you try to use ACPI at all on the machine?

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.