Re: dpkg: syntax error: unknown group `Debian-exim' in statusoverride file

On 08/07/2006 04:49 AM, kevin bailey wrote:
[...]
Preconfiguring packages ...
dpkg: syntax error: unknown group `Debian-exim' in statusoverride file
Ack!  Something bad happened while installing packages.  Trying to recover:

Somehow, a status override was set to the group Debian-exim, but the group was never created. You might be able to create the group, or you could remove the status override.

FYI, on my system, the Debian-exim group has a gid of 102.

Thanks for any quick pointers.

As this is a vanilla install I may just go to the site and reinstall the OS.

Or you could just do that :)

Debian has never given me this type of problem before so it may be something
weird or something I've done.

Thanks again,

Kevin

Perhaps an install was interrupted.