Re: apache --SOLVED

On 08/06/2006 09:37 AM, Mark Grieveson wrote:
[...]
Does anyone have any tips for ensuring that an apache setup reaches the world at large (beyond the local host)?
Mark

Hello Mark.

Install 'apache-doc' and read the documentation in /usr/share/doc/apache-doc to learn how to configure apache.
RTFM, yes, always good advice. Anyway, I think I did get apache going, by both reading the manual, and tinkering. At first it stated,
"debian:/home/mark# apache2 -k restart
apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName". So, I added a ServerName entry with my IP address, and then added a virtual host entry in the file 000-default file. I think this works. My site is http://www.opseu540.info (if someone could confirm they see the site via emailing me, I'd appreciate it).

I also have to try and set up Squishdot, which is a message board run under Zope. I think I'll attempt that later (last time I tried I was not able to do it).

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help.

Mark