Re: debootstap problem

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 06:57:22PM +0800, Wang Xu wrote:
> 2006/8/5, S. M. Ibrahim (Lavlu) <smibrahim@gmail.com>:
> >

> >debootstrap sid /sid-root/ http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian
> >after some download i got this messege:
> >E: Couldn't download base-config
> >

> The base-config package has been purged for months. :)

Which means you probably need an updated version of debootstrap -- the
one in unstable (0.3.3) currently works.  There is a version at
backports.org (0.3.2) if you're installing from a debian machine--it's
not the same as what I have so I can't swear it works, but it likekly
does.  If you're installing from an rpm-based system, the .rpm's
mentioned in the manual at debian.org are from 2004, so you'll need to
use, eg, alien to convert the .deb to an .rpm to get a recent version.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
I just know I'm a better manager when I have Joe DiMaggio in center field.