Re: Wireless PCMCIA, Micron laptop

For the record, GNOME is fine now, but I still can't assemble this driver.
The README says:
RTL Linux Driver version 1.5
for linux 2.6 kernel 2.6.5
on Fedora core 2.0

I assumed this didn't matter if I was compiling it myself... sound
reasonable, or should I use this wrapper thing on the Windows driver
instead?

Also, I tried
#make r8180_pci_init
which is the name of the c file, and I get a huge string of compile
errors, many of them errors with the actual include.h files, such as
/usr/include/linux/hrtimer.h and /usr/include/linux/ktime.h
Early on it says 'excess elements in struct initializer', and later a
string of errors for things with incomplete types; but there are all
sorts of syntax errors given.
Is there a standard set of packages to use to compile?

Also, I looked up .ko files, of which there is one, but I haven't read
through all of it yet.

-Chuckk