Re: CACert.org cert

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 15:34:46 +0200, Stephan Seitz wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 02:08:11PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>>Still I am getting a question when visiting sites with certificates
>>issued by CACert.org such as http://wolfgang.lonien.de/
>
>So, this site uses the old class 1 certificate.
>After installing the ca certificate directly in firefox (from
>www.cacert.org), I don’t get any error messages anymore. So it seems,
>that Debian’s Firefox (I’m using testing) ignores certificates in
>/etc/ssl/certs.

I'm using Sid.

Is there a reason for Firefox not to use the certificates in
ca-certificates?

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
     -- Quote from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs