How do you get vim-latexsuite to work?

I installed Debian's vim-latexsuite package.  It seemed to install fine,
but when I open a .tex document none of the commands seem to work.  For
example, when I push F5, I don't get a menu of options to choose like
equartion , etc.. Or when I type :TTemplate it doesn't give me template
options.  Anyways, none of the commands seem to work.
    I tried to read documentation, but I can't find anything that tells
me how to get it working.  There is no man page.  I was just wondering,
how do I get vim-latexsuite to work?  Do I have to issue a command?  Do
I have to uncomment some parameter in a config file?  Thanks.

			Joseph Smidt
Joseph Smidt
jsmidt@byu.edu