Re: Mobile phone management utility

Rodolfo Medina wrote:

I'm looking for a mobile phone management utility that work under
Debian Sarge stable. I installed `gnokii' with `apt-get', but when I try
to start it it sticks: I connect the phone with usb cable, then
start gnokii with any option but:

 GNOKII Version 0.6.5
 Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
 Quitting.

, although the phone is a supported one: Motorola c350.

Please any advice?
Gnokii or some other tool?
I want in particular to download data from the phone to the PC.

Jabka Atu <mashrom.head@gmail.com> writes:

Rodolfo ..
nice and cool prog is moto4lin .

http://moto4lin.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page.

Thanks.
But I didn't manage to download it.
Instead, I installed `gumma' and tried it with a Nokia,
but even this one didn't work:

 $ gammu --getmemory DC 1
 Warning: No configuration file found!
 Unknown connection type string. Check config file.

 $ gnokii --getphonebook SM 1
 GNOKII Version 0.6.5
 Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
 Quitting.

, so there must be something important that I'm missing.
Can anyone point that out?

Thanks,
Rodolfo

Rodolfo you could you use apt-get :
apt-get update.
apt-get install moto4lin.

here is my policy for this package:
debian:/home/mha13# apt-cache policy  moto4lin
moto4lin:
 Installed: 0.3+cvs20050925-2
 Candidate: 0.3+cvs20050925-2
 Version table: