Re: Is the latest kernel image in Unstable 2.6.17.7 or greater?

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 02:43:02AM -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
> Hello list.
>
> I'm wondering two things. One: Is the latest kernel in Sid the
> 2.6.17.7? Two: Why doesn't it say that some where so that I wouldn't
> need to ask the list?

It's usually mentioned in the changelog. I agree that it's pretty
non-obvious. It would be much nicer if it was plainly visible in the package
version number.

> I ask because I use XFS with has the flaw on kernels before the one
> mentioned. And, in stead of compiling and what not a new one, I'm just
> waiting (and degrading) for the afore-mentioned, when I will run the
> repair thing as perscribed in various FAQs.

The changelog for linux-image-2.6.17-5 says that it's 2.6.17.7

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-2.6_2.6.17-5/changelog

It was built on Saturday but *still* hasn't reached the repository. I don't
know how long it usually takes, but it seems to be hanging around in limbo
somehow.  I couldn't wait any longer, so I downloaded the
linux-image-2.6.17-5 source code yesterday and built it locally.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@vdbonline.com
  xmpp:cj@vdbonline.com