Re: which process is writing to disk?

hi,

I had something like this when someone was trying to brute-force my SSH
server. Every failure would generate an error in auth.log (and a click
from the hard drive.)

Took me a while to figure out where the weird noise was coming from.
thanks for a hint. i haven't had any 'clicks' lately, but auth.log from the past shows some signs of ssh attack with exactly the periodicity of the clicking (2-5 seconds per attempt). i'll definitely check this out when it happens again...

with best regards,

--
Lubos _@_"
http://www.lubos.vrbka.net