Re: Target filesystem doesnt have /sbin/init

Brent Clark wrote:
Hi

Yesterday I run apt-get install linux-image.2.6.17 (average idea of the command).

Obviously all dependants etc were satisfied and this morning on rebooting my machine boot and then fell on a busybox screen.

I wrote the messages down, but I hope someone can help me with this and this is the second time this has happened. Im upgrading from 2.6.8 and I run testing on my machine.

Begin moutning root file system
Begin Running /scripts/local-top
Done
Begin Running /scripts/local-premount
Done
mount: mounting /dev/root on /root failed No such device
Begin Running /scripts/local-bottom
Done
Done
Begin running /scripts/init-bottom
mount: mounting /root/dev/ on /dev.static/dev/ failed No such file or device
mount: mounting /sys on /root/sys failed no such file or device
Target filesystem doesnt have /sbin/init

My question is, when on reinstalling debian and installing 2.6.17 and this happens again.

My question is, how or what do I edit to force it to work.

If anyone can assit, this would greatfully be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Brent

Can u tell us how ur /boot/grub/menu.lst set? Most importent is boot param, esp boot= & root=. Did u regenerted initrd.img?

--
与其相濡以沫,不如相忘于江湖