Re: Do I need to upgrade my kernel (kernel-image-2.4-k6)?

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:05:49PM +1000, Robert S wrote:
> I am running debian with kernel 2.4.27. I see that the kernel-source package
> is listed in the security vulnerabilities (DSA-1097). I do a weekly "apt-get
> update && apt-get upgrade" but have not been prompted to upgrade my kernel.
> I am using kernel-image-2.4-k6.
>
> Do I need to upgrade my kernel image and if so, what is the correct way of
> doing this?

kernel-image-2.4-k6 will always depend on the latest 2.4-series kernel
for the k6 in stable.  For now, regular upgrades should keep you
up-to-date with the kernel too (I say for now, as I don't know the
status of 2.4.x support in etch).  All you'll have to do is reboot after
the install.

--
Christopher Nelson -- chris@cavein.org
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.