Re: Math packages for the testing branch

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 23:20:12 +0200, Martin Saturka wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
> some mathematical packages (Axiom, Maxima) are for rather long time
> non-available at the testing distribution. Since many ones (including)
> me use the testing branch for desktops, it is somewhat hard to deal
> with it.
>
> I am not sure, this is the right list for the question, what is going
> with it for so long.
> I would appreciate any idea how to help/move about that.

I am not sure how much that will help you, but you can easily find out
why the packages are currently excluded from the testing branch:

http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=maxima
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=axiom

(This site is linked from packages.qa.debian.org.)

It might be possible to add the unstable branch to your sources.list,
pin APT to default to testing and then only install those missing
packages (and a few dependencies) from unstable.

--
Regards,
          Florian