Re: Help in understanding XDMCP required

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 08:34:09PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I have been able, with a second ssh hop onto my workstation from the server
> (also forwarding X) to run individual X based applications so that the
> display is on the laptop, but I can't figure out how to get it to operate so
> the whole desktop gets displayed there.  Is it possible? and if so How

If you've ssh'd in with X forwarding (-X) and you can run individual X
client apps you're already 99% of the way there. All you need to do to run a
full kde session is run "startkde". (or gnome-session for a gnome session)

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@vdbonline.com
  xmpp:cj@vdbonline.com