wengophone classic on sid

Has anyone got this voip provider to work on sid? I have Alsa sound
stuff loaded and my sound blaster awe64 is configured by Alsa ok and
wengophone plugs into this configuration too so no problem there.

wengophone dials out and I get a ring (calling myself) but alas no
sound comes through the headset. I use the Alsa mixer and also have
an xmixer I can hear white noise in the headphones and hear myself
through the microphone..

It's hard to know where the problem lies i.e. in wengophone or alsa.

Any suggestions or successful experiences using 'any' voip sip phone
with sid would be appreciated.

I don't know if it's useful to know but I use fluxbox as a window
manager (no 'desktops' kde gnome etc) and arno's IP tables firewall
script otherwise the kernel and packages are out there on the edge.

Thanks,

--

CK

Apropos to nothing but I noticed this list was in fact also a
newsgroup subscribe-able on my NNTP server at Freie Universitaet
Berlin (news.individual.net)I would think with all our 'real' email
addresses splayed out in the headers it must be rich pickings for
spammers..is this wise having a subscribed list on a news server?