Re: Laptop freeze after 'end current session' or 'shutdown'

On (30/07/06 16:25), Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my laptop often freeze after end 'current session'
> or 'shutdown' operations. I'm using etch on an Acer Aspire 9100.
>
> Difficult to give more details as nothing is displayed but computer
> is still on (ie. fan is running..etc..) and I have to remove
> alimentation (sector+battery) to switch it off.
> Even more tricky as this freeze happens not allways but around 50%.
>
> Thanks for any clue, or ways to grab more information (dedicated log files ?)
> about what happens when related fonctions 'end current session / shutdown'
> are called.

This may be heat related - I've had similar problems with a 1524WLMi (64
bit).  It's been back to Acer twice but for the last few months has been
OK.  Acer won't act on Linux symptoms, so I downloaded something called
HotPC or HotCPU (I'm not in windows to check) which stress tests your
processor.  Might be worth eliminating hardware as the cause.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...