Re: Laptop freeze after 'end current session' or 'shutdown'

Bruno Costacurta wrote:
Hello,

my laptop often freeze after end 'current session' or 'shutdown' operations. I'm using etch on an Acer Aspire 9100.

Difficult to give more details as nothing is displayed but computer is still on (ie. fan is running..etc..) and I have to remove alimentation (sector+battery) to switch it off. Even more tricky as this freeze happens not allways but around 50%.

Thanks for any clue, or ways to grab more information (dedicated log files ?) about what happens when related fonctions 'end current session / shutdown' are called.

Bye,
Bruno

Is there any difference between shutting down as root or as a normal user?

/Magnus
--
The flaw in your argument is that you think you're right.