Re: where's gksuexec in Etch

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:40:34 -0400
Mark Grieveson <dg135@torfree.net> wrote:

> > What happens? Do you see anything at all? Is there any output in
> > ~/.xsession-errors?
> >
> First, thanks for your response.

You're very welcome.

> Nothing happens when I try via alt-F2.  The file ~/.xsession-errors,
> reads:
>
> gksu: unrecognised option `--no-desktop'
> GKsu version 1.9.1

Which is a fair comment: you want to pass the option to nautilus, not
gksu. Try this:

    gksu 'nautilus --no-desktop --browser'

The quotes should solve the problem.

> Usage: gksu [-u <user>] [options] <command>
> ............and it gives the standard help lecture, enlightening me
> of my choices.
> > The result of 'apt-file search gksuexec' is simply:
> >
> >     gksu: usr/share/pixmaps/gksuexec-debian.xpm
> >
> > Looks like the executable is gone.
> >
> Is there a way for me to request that it be put back in?  Who do I
> write to?

Since the gksu executable seems to provide equivalent functionality, I
wouldn't bother. But if you wish to pursue the matter, go to

    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=gksu

and raise a new wishlist item.

--

Liam