Re: Mozilla or firefox package-what is the difference?

J F wrote:

> Mozilla or firefox package-what is the difference?
>
> I guess I'm a little confused about which one is better/newer or
> the one to use?

* 'mozilla' and 'mozilla-browser' - original Mozilla, it is now
   considered obsolete and is replaced by SeaMonkey (not yet in Debian).
* 'mozilla-firefox' - an older version of Firefox.
* 'firefox' - a new version of Firefox.

Note that Mozilla and Firefox are very different. Firefox is newer, but
it does not mean that everybody likes it. Read this thread [1].

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/07/msg02035.html