To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:34 AM
Subject: Question about bzip2 and bzip2recover and tar

I have a big .tbz file that I need to unzip and read, but I got a
error message that suggested I try bzip2recover. So I ran
bzip2recover and it produced 4282 files named:
rec0nnnncarols051011x.tbz.bz2
where nnnn is the numbers 0001 through 4282.

I am in the process of unzipping these files, but I don't know
what to do next. These are pieces of a tar file. Should I extract
them separately, or concatenate them and extract the concatenated
file, or is there some other process step?

Is there a HOW TO on this problem? Where?
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net