Re: command question

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 05:44:48PM +0300, Michael F wrote:
> apt-get install for installing a package and apt-cache search for
> searching package. man apt-get for many information:) Btw, witch is
> the diference berween apt and aptitude?

I think the main difference is that apt has super cow powers and
aptitude doesn't. Also, aptitude has a fancy UI (well, the curses kind
of fancy).
My main reason for using aptitude, though, is that it handles
dependencies intelligently: It will uninstall automatic dependencies
if every package that depends on them is uninstalled. Cuts down on
clutter a lot if you are in the habit of trying out a lot of software
and then decide not keeping it.

 --j