Re: If you are running XFS and a 2.6.17(.x) kernel...

CJ van den Berg wrote:
> This bug has caused serious data loss on my systems and no end of headaches
> in the last two weeks. I really hope the fix goes into a debian kernel soon
> to save others the pain.

Well, it seems the kernel team has released a new stable version of the
kernel, 2.6.17.7. According to the summary of changes for the new
release, the XFS corruption fix is in the new kernel. So, hopefully,
we'll be seeing a new Debian package any day now.

Rick
--
Rick's Law - What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.