Re: Debian Support for IBM xSeries 360

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 16:41, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Carl Fink wrote:
> >Quick poll:  how many people here are old enough to read that subject line
> >and think of the IBM Series/360, the mainframe?
>
> Count me in!  My first programming was on an IBM 360 in an "Introduction
> to Computing" class, back in 1976.  I was also taking a 'Musical
> Computer' class which ran FOCAL on a DEC PDP 11/15.
and mine was an IBM 360/67 (now there was a machine) running the Michigan
Terminal System (MTS).  That was in 1973.

It had 2MB real, and an 11MB fixed head drum, and you could feel it slow
down when the total virtual memory requirement went over 13MB and it started
to page out onto 3330 disks.  But it ran lots of golfball terminals and a
few 2260s and a number of 1130 remote batch terminals.  Now you would be
hard put to find a digital watch with less memory.

David