Re: help

On Monday 24 July 2006 06:57, rajesh rajesh wrote:
>  Hi this is rajesh
>    i have  a problem in linux,
>     everytime i install linux  ,  it starts in command
> prompt
>     how can i start linux in gui mode

Linux only has text mode.  You probably mean, how do I get some kind of
desktop environment.  apt-get install kde

>    please help me out i have just downloaded 16 cd's
> from your site

You should have read the installation manual before starting (like every
download site tells you to do anyway).  Most CDs aren't necessary for most
users.

In the future, please save everybody some time and trouble by asking a smart
question.

Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber