Re: Wireless : best policy / pratice to start it

Wireless encryption is a good start, preferably 128-bit.

If you have an access filter on your router to govern which machines access
the network, enable it also and give the router your MAC address as its
first/only entry.

Not to state the obvious, but change your router's password from the default
and enable blocking for any questionable ports which show up via a quick
netstat -plant.

I have a wireless network with two computers and these steps seem to work well
for me.

R.