Re: Backup

Jan Dinger wrote:
Hallo, Ich möchte ein backup machen:

1/woche Fullbackup
6/woche inkrementel

Different approach:
I've been using rdiff-backup. With rdiff-backup you'll get one 'exact' copy of the present state of your files and directories. In a separate folder rdiff-backup keeps diffs of the files.

In essence one has a current backup plus the possibility to restore any file/directory to the time of any backup. For our server with ca. 20 users the diffs of half a year occupy about 10% disk space. YMMV.

There is a seperate command to delete all diffs older than/before xxx.

Johannes