Re: Firestarter bug?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Default User" <xyzzyx@sbcglobal.net>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 10:09 PM
Subject: Firestarter bug?

Very strange.
I installed Firestarter on Debian Stable (i386).  It is picking up the
routine periodic dhcp send events from my router, and sending them to to
the tty consoles, where they overwrite part of the screen.  These are
the same as what shows up in the Firestarter "events" screen.

Note: this does not occur on the X terminals (i.e., xterm), so it was
not noticed until I did CTRL-ALT-F1 (or CTRL-ALT-F2, etc).
I uninstalled Firestarter, and the behavior stopped.  I reinstalled
Firestarter, and it started again.
This makes it almost impossible to use the tty consoles.  Is there a way
to stop Firestarter from writing to the tty consoles uninvited?

I have same behavior, and stopped it using dmesg -1  (See man dmesg)

Maybe there's a better way, but this was perfect for my situation.  - John