sata(promise) driver & debian install

Hi!

I' ve a promise ex8350 harware raid card, and i' d like to install debian onto it.

There is a driver on promise.com, and with knoppix it works fine. I just download it, unpach, make, insmod, and i can see the raid, but how can i install debian onto it?

I use the mini.iso from kmuto.jp with 2.6.15 kernel, but on the cd certainly there is no gcc, and make. If i compile it with knoppix, i got the following error:

insmod: error inserting 'shasta.ko': -1 Invalid module format.

I don' t why is it? Maybe cuz of the wrong gcc version with i compiled it with knoppix. If i' d like to compile it not during install, what gcc version/ parameters should i use?

What is the easiest way to have my raid devices with debian install? How can i solve it?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Hírkereső.hu - Mindig friss hírek, toplisták, sztárpletykák. A legfontosabb 70 hírforrás közel 2.500 cikke naponta!Ha egy lapon akarsz mindent áttekinteni  KLIKK IDE! - http://www.hirkereso.hu/