Re: kdebase-dev removes gnome-desktop and xfce4

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:49:57 +0200
Marco <brbromo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Installing kdebase-dev (I need it to compile kphotoalbum) removes
> gnome and xfce4, apparenty because of a conflict between libgamin0
> (needed by the removed packages) and libfam0c102/libfam0 (needed by
> kdebase-dev).
>
> I would like to keep gnome and xfce... How could I install
> kdebase-dev?
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

[...]

You could force the install by locating the libfam0c102 and libfam0 .deb
files and running the command:

    dpkg --install --force-overwrite <.deb files>
    apt-get install kdebase-dev

Afterwards, when your compilation is finished, you can restore your
system to its previous state by issuing the commands:

    apt-get remove libfam0c102 libfam0 kdebase-dev
    apt-get install --reinstall libgamin0

--

Liam