Re: Installing things

On 07/21/2006 12:34 AM, Shane wrote:
I can't figure this out.  Probably cause I'm new at it.

I installed both Real Player and MPlayer for Debian.  I
downloaded the rpm package and then used alien to 1.
convert to .deb and install, and when that didn't seem to
work I used alien -i.

Problem is I can't find an executable for either of them.
Not in the bin or sbin directories anywhere.  The KDE
desktop can't find them either.

One other interesting thing, dselect shows them installed.

Where might they be?

Use "dpkg -L <packagename>" to find out where the files were installed. Probably the executables are in /usr/local/bin.