Re: gnuplot: set terminal pdf

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 18:16:01 -0400, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
 I was wondering if anyone manage to get 'set terminal pdf' to work
on there debian machine. Apparently there is a licensing issue:
<snip>

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Florian Kulzer wrote:
I think you will still have to compile gnuplot yourself to enable pdf
terminal support. I was always to lazy for that, so I just use

set terminal postscript eps enhanced color solid rounded
set output "plotname.eps"

and add one line to the end of my gnuplot scripts:

!epstopdf plotname.eps && rm plotname.eps

That will give you nice, compact PDF plots with far less hassle.
(epstopdf is included in the package "tetex-bin")
<snip>

You can do this without the temporary file, since gnuplot supports pipes:

  set terminal postscript
  set output "| ps2pdf - file.pdf"

-J