Re: netatalk: uams_dhx_pam.so missing?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Peter Teunissen wrote:

> I'm probably overlooking the obvious, but why is the authentication
> method uams_dhx_pam.so missing from /usr/lib/netatalk? Has this
> something to do with the gpl incompatability with openssl or should
> the file simply be copied from another (undocumented) location? I'd
> really hate to have to use unofficial packages to get proper
> authentication and get rid of the annoying clear password warnings in
> OSX.

The netatalk binary packages don't link with SSL because of the GPL
incompatibility you mentioned. There's a note about this in
/usr/share/doc/netatalk/README.Debian on unstable. I rebuilt the
packages from the source package. The readme file also points to an
unofficial apt repository with unofficial binary packages.

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :      Heavens! Someone has stolen the Illudium Q-32
ahall@vitaphone.net  :      Explosive Space Modulator! The Earth creature