debian install with promise tx4310

Hi!

I want to install a debian onto an amd64 machine, and i have a promise fastrack tx4310 sata raid (II) controller.

In the fastrack bios i set up raid5 for three devices (three hardisks [each are 320GB]), and everything looked fine, but when i boot into with knoppix (2.6.17), or debian sarge install (2.6.15) i saw only three devices (sd[a,b,c]), instead of one device (640GB).

My question is that is here anobody who has experiences with this card? Is it a real hw sata card, can i use it for HW sata raid, or not? If yes, then how? I downloaded a driver (modul) from promise.com, and after i loeded it,  i saw the same.

Thanks for your help, i hope anyone can help me - either to tell it' s just fakeraid -, or help.

Hírkereső.hu - Mindig friss hírek, toplisták, sztárpletykák. A legfontosabb 70 hírforrás közel 2.500 cikke naponta!
Ha egy lapon akarsz mindent áttekinteni KLIKK IDE! - http://www.hirkereso.hu/