ALSA and Creative Audigy 2 NX USB-soundcard/box

Hi,

I've been trying to set up a Audigy SE 7.1 soundcard, but I get a lot of
white noise, and according to the ALSA-homepage, soundcapture is not
supported -- and I need that. So I'm considering another sound-card:
Audigy 2 NX USB external soundcard:
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=9103

Does anyone have experience with that?

My system runs Etch, kernel 2.6.15

According to the ALSA-homepage there is support for Analog Input and
output using the usb-audio-driver.

I'm open to other suggestions on soundcards. Need to be 7.1 sound (the
speakerset is capable of upmixing from 5.1 og 6.1)

thanks
severino