soundgrab

Hi,
I can not find package soundgrab (http://rawrec.sourceforge.net/soundgrab/) in Debian repository. It is a perl script which allows the user to interactively select and save their favorite portions of a long volume of raw audio data.
Im a beginner in Linux + Debian, what can I do for putting this package to Deb-rep?

I have been surprised, that this package is in Ubuntu repository and isnt in Debians one! I dont understand, how Ubuntu and Debian cooperate, but I would like to grasp it ...
thx for every explanation,
hail Debian for ever :)
Jirka H.