Need help to file installer bug

Hi folks,

I'm wondering where to file this bug - last time I filed it against
debian-installer, but it got reassigned to kernel-source, so I want to
get it right this time.

Why am I filing the same bug again? Well, a lot has changed in 18 months
- except my hardware, that is. My original bugs are 258500 (closed) and
286939 (still extant in package kernel-source-2.4.27). These boiled down
to the fact that the 2.4.27 kernel package, as used on the debian
installer in Jan 05, had a problem finding my SATA hard disks (which
need siimage.o) and my CD-ROM (which needs via82cxxx.o) - it could only
find one or the other (whichever module was loaded last). Then there was
the minor irritation that the medley.o module was not offered by the
installer and had to be loaded manually ...

But the situation is different now - we're in the 2.6 era, where the
device mapper code handles all the ataraid stuff. No need for medley.o
at all. But unfortunately I still cannot install Debian on my system -
the latest etch installer snapshot fails to recognise the ataraid array,
offering me sda and sdb instead. (This is the same whether I use expert
mode to pick the modules or not.)

So, this time I need to file a bug against the kernel-source-2.6.x
package, is that right? I don't know as much about how the device mapper
works as I did about the medley driver, but at least if I file a bug
report I can get help pinning down the problem.

Grateful for some confirmation that kernel-source is the correct package
(maybe the device mapper stuff is a separate package - ISTR something
about moving ataraid into user space with a dmraid tool) - I don't want
to annoy the debian-installer folks again.

Thanks,

Chris