Re: CUPS (Sid) not printing.

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 20:46:53 +0300, David Baron wrote:
> >Jobs get queued and simply stay that way?
>
> >What's happening?
>
> >Using latest 2.6.17 kernel, Sid
>
> I purged and reinstalled cupsys as recommended by poster.
> It will not start now, complains that 127.0.0.1:631 is already in use.

Check if there is a process that blocks port 631:

netstat -plant | grep :631

(This must be run as root to get the PID and name of the process.)

Check if there are multiple occurrences of "Listen localhost:631" in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf. If cupsd.conf sources other files you also have to
check these.

The problem with the KDE printing system which you mention in your other
mail should go away if you comment out the line

Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.

--
Regards,