Re: apt has wrong links

On 7/15/06, John O'Hagan <johnohagan@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
On Saturday 15 July 2006 21:05, you wrote:
> On 7/15/06, John O'Hagan <johnohagan@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 July 2006 18:42, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > If synaptic has no way of setting package repositories (I use Kpackage
> > which does), you'll need to edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list and put
> > in the correct URLs. Make sure you follow the format of the existing
> > entries, or read man sources.list for a description of how they work.
>
> The local file paths are incorrect as well... does that mean fixing
> the URLs won't help until I fix those as well?

[...]

I'm pretty sure that if all is working, the files in /var/lib/apt/lists/ will
take care of themselves - they get overwritten on each update.

That said, it can't hurt to delete any files in /var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ in
case they are blocking the update somehow - I remember having that problem
once.

John

Interesting.  I commented out everything but the first four on your
link, and get this:

W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.it.debian.org
etch/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.it.debian.org_debian_dists_etch_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://demudi.agnula.org
testing/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/demudi.agnula.org_packages_demudi_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)

From the 2nd two on the link, the development versions.
This would be fine with me, except when I try to install pmount, I
need hal, and to install hal I need udev, and to install udev I need a
later version of hotplug than is available with my current resources.
Any idea where I can find hotplug 0.0.20040329-17?

Thanks for your help.  It's weird that the other three listed items
have to be commented out, but I don't miss them.

-Chuckk