Installation problems

Dear All,

	I am trying to set up Debian 3.1r1 (Sarge) on a box with an
Intel D945GNT motherboard and twin 3.2GHz processors and 1Gb of
memory.  It has two SATA disc drives.  Unfortunately, none of the
peripherals is recognised - not the network cards, nor the two disc
drives.  I've tried booting with the 2.6 kernel (2.4 is the default, I
think - tried that first) and, based on some advice from mailing
lists, declared less memory (500M in this case).  None of these things
has worked.  There is also no floppy on this system, only a CD drive.
The system boots, ready for installation, from the CD, but then,
nothing can be seen ("No media to partition" is the final message).
Any ideas would be welcome.  Thank you.

Rob Hurle
	Rob Hurle		Faculty of Asian Studies, ANU
	Home address and contacts:	 Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
	  PO Box 4013			 Fax: +61 2 6247 2397
	  Ainslie		     Cell phone: 0417 293 603
	  Australia		e-mail: rob@coombs.anu.edu.au