debian menu update problem

HI all,

I'm using debian sarge on a dell C600.
Since the latest apt-get upgrade, I've noticed that KDE doesn't update
the debian menus anymore.

Everytime I try I install a new applications, it appears in kde menus
but NOT in debian menus.

The workaround is to execute the command:
# update-menus
everytime I install a new application, but this is not a normal behaviour.

I didn't find any related issues searching in the mailinst list
database. What should I do to fix the problem???

thanks in advance.
Bye
niko

--
When the seagulls follow the trawler it's because they think sardines
will be thrown into the sea -- Cantona