Re: Sarge and Athlon 64

I did it the other way round and when installing the 64 bit debian, grub found my 32 bit install and added it to menu.lst.

I have successfully maintained both systems current on unstable for over a year now. Most of the upgrading can be done from within the chroot, although occasionally I have to boot into the i386 partition for some packages that need /proc mounted in the install script. At least this gives me an opportunity to check it still boots as expected :).
Hi
just a question: why don't you just bind mount proc to your chroot?

It is bind mounted in the chroot, but the last upgrade of FAM failed to to /proc not being mounted. May just have been a bug in the package I'm not sure.

my chroot isn't and was never bootable...and i didn't have any problems
so far...

I like to keep the chroot as a bootable partition to use as a rescue partition should anything go wrong on the amd64 side.

yours
Albert
- --

Wackojacko