iRiver Clix Media Player - How To Use with Debian?

I just bought a 2GB iRiver Clix media player as an upgrade from my old
CD-based mp3 player.  It works fine on my XP hardware testing box.
However, I need to get it working with Debian (both my Athlon 2500
desktop runing Kernel 2.6.15-1-k7, and my Turion 64 laptop running
kernel 2.6.17-1-amd64-k8).

It shows up when I do lsusb...

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 07cc:0200 Carry Computer Eng., Co., Ltd 6-in-1
Card Reader
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 016: ID 4102:112a iRiver, Ltd.
Bus 003 Device 010: ID 0840:0098 Argosy Research, Inc.
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:0840 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

But neither ifpgui nor Amarok can detect it.

Is there some other module I need to load to bring this device to life?

According to a search done in synaptic, the only packages that make any
reference to the iRiver are:  amarok, easyh10, ifpgui, ifp-line-libifp,
iripdb, libifp4, and libifp-dev.  I've installed amarok, easyh10,
ifpgui, and libifp4.

What else do I need to get this up and running?  And also, is there any
way to actually mount this as a USB storage device?