Re: Daylight Savings Time Extended

Paul Johnson wrote:

<snip>

Sounds unilateral to me. Besides, like I said, what good does it do? None. What harm does it do? 3000 traffic fatalities in the first 7 days following every time change caused by jet-lag-like fatigue. If you liked 9/11, you'll love DST.

DST ranks in the top ten of my (very long) list of pet peeves. A few reasons I hate it:

- I don't have an alarm clock. I've been waking up without an alarm for more than twenty years. Twice a year my sleep cycle is hosed until I readjust.

- My commute is due east in the morning and due west in the evening. At certain times of the year, the sun is shining directly in my eyes making it difficult to see the road and surrounding traffic. Thanks to DST, this happens four times a year instead of twice.

- My main hobby is amateur astronomy. Thanks to DST, I have to stay up later for it to be dark enough for observing.

DST is pointless and annoying.