Re: Kernel level for Testing

Carl Fink wrote:
> Did a message about the compromised Debian server (gluck) just advise me to
> upgrade my Testing system to a kernel that doesn't in fact exist as a Debian
> (testing) package?

Yes, although it didn't say you have to get the fixed kernel from
testing. It's fixed in unstable (in 2.6.17-3). It will be fixed in
testing as soon as possible.

Note that this security hole is also only exploitable by untrusted local
users, so if you don't have any of those it's not as critical an upgrade
as if you do.

--
see shy jo