Odp: Re: How to create autorunning CD?

I got some idea.

Debian can autoplay DVD's and music CD's, but you have to set explicitely the program that will open the disc in gnome settings. standard is xine.

You could record your autorunning CDs as mixed - music/data CD with dummy music track and replace xine with some script that will open your target file.

Netherless, even if it works (I didn't try), you will still not be able to share such "autorunning CD" with others.

regards
Zbigniew

Indraveni <indraveni@yahoo.co.in>

2006-07-13 07:17

Odpowiedz użytkownikowi
indraveni@yahoo.co.in

Do
debian-user@lists.debian.org
DW
Temat
Re: How to create autorunning CD?

Hi,

I have done apt cache seach and found something called magicdev paackges which satisfies what you explained but I am not able to get my requirement. There is no proper help given in its usage.

How can i make my distro to detect autorun CD's and restrict on some CD's only?

Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:Indraveni wrote:
> I think I dint give proper information to you. Actually we are
wowrking for a debian based distro and for this we want to create an
autorunning CD. That is, for Windows, after installation if we some
other features to be installed so we just insert the installable CD, it
will just pop up a window where the installation wizard will be.
> In the similar way I too want to create the utility CD for our
> distro.
So if i insert the CD , it should redirect to in installer script or
wizard so that I user can install the packages what he need.

> Now did u get my point. So here there no point comes about security
hole or any i suppose.

> Any other clues please..

As I said in my reply, as far as I know, you have to implement the
feature you require on the computer you want to run that CD on. No
matter what you do to a CD, it won't autorun on a debian computer 'out
of the box' without additional software and proper configuration.

The first step would be to configure your distribution in a way to allow
autorun of CDs.

HTH,
Johannes

NB: Pleaser reply to the list, so that others can participate in the
discussion