Re: OS X Terminal.app and Aptitude

Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
> On 2006-07-11 23:49:23 -0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>> Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
>> > Note: you shouldn't use the ncurses that come with Mac OS X. They are
>> > buggy.
>>
>> hmm - to the best of my knowledge, the "ncurses that come with Mac OS X"
>> are some version of ncurses, just like Debian/stable, Debian/testing, etc.

> This is version 5.4. Recompiling ncurses 5.5 (and Mutt) fixes the
> problem. I don't know if it was specific to Mac OS X.

ncurses 5.5 was released last fall,
so "recompiling" is not a good choice of words.
Other people installed ncurses 5.5 on Mac OS X.

ncurses 5.4 was released at the beginning of 2004.

Advising OP to not use ncurses on Mac OS X is like telling someone not
to use a program because Debian/stable has an older/less-capable version.
But I recall that you've done this before, so I'll have to disregard
similar comments from you in the future.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net