e00conv

Hi

I am trying to use the GRASS function v.in.e00 but it tells me I do
not have e00conv. I am using Debian Etch and so I did an apt-get
install e00compr. This installed fine, but e00conv appears not to be
part of the bundle - although the man pages are.

I'm not sure what is going on here, is the omission part of a
deliberate move towrds reworking the structure of these programs or is
the omission a mistake some where along the line such as the making of
the Debian binary? ie. is it planned that e00conv will at some time soon
become part of the Debian binary?

warm regards
David