Re: Mozilla mplayer plugin setup question

2006. július 8. 16:49,
"Thomas H. George" <tom@tomgeorge.info>
-> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 11:47:16AM +0200, LeVA wrote:
> > 2006. július 7. 16:11,
> > "Thomas H. George" <tom@tomgeorge.info>
> >
> > -> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> > > On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 10:26:28PM +0200, LeVA wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I only see the light show on my daughter's computer running Windows.  I
> > > have no idea how to capture it there.  As we agree that mplayer is
> > > working perfectly for the sound stream I am ready to forego the light
> > > show.
> >
> > I see now... So you had the light show on Win, and you thought that
> > mplayer wasn't working right, because it wasn't displaying the light
> > show? That's probably a winmediaplayer thingie. You won't have that with
> > mplayer (thanks god :)

> > > I am definitely using alsa.  There must be something else in the config
> > > file that causes mplayer to stop.  I'll experiment some more.
> >
> > And if you could attach the config file, the list readers could examine
> > it, and help you filtering the bad options which causes the stopping.
>
> I experimented.  Instead of copying mplayer.conf to config I simply
> edited config as shown:
>
> # Write your default config options here!
> ao=alsa
>
> This single entry is enough to cause mplayer to stop after it loads the
> buffer.  Remove the line and mplayer works again.  Lest there be any
> doubt I re-ran alsoconf and am attaching the output of lsmod and locate
> alsa.
I can not go further with this really. I don't know how the marillat packaged
mplayer was compiled. You can run 'mplayer -ao help' and see if there are
more alsa* audio outs. There used to be alsa9 for alsa-0.9 and alsa for
alsa-1.0 (IIRC, but maybe those were different names...). In the recent
mplayer versions, there is only one alsa audio out, and that's called 'alsa'.
It works with Alsa-0.9.x and Alsa-1.x. You could try to use the other alsa
audio out, if there is any. Mplayer must work with one or another ao, if it
works without the config file. I see you have the OSS emulation configured,
and the modules loaded, so you should try to use the ao=oss, and see if it is
working.
Btw, you've attached mplayer's output, but cropped out the AO information, so
I don't know which audio out is used by default by your mplayer. If you play
a file with mplayer (without specifying any ao drivers. neither in the
command line with -ao, nor in the config file with ao=), you can see a line
like this:
AO: [alsa] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
or
AO: [oss] 44100Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)

You can tell what is the default from that. So you should probably write that
to your .mplayer/config file.

Daniel

--
LeVA